Views
Helpful
Replies

Communications Manager 6.0 and Esx 2.5

a.crippa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I received a not for resale copy of Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 and I want try it, but in lab in virtual machine on VMware ESX 2.5. Can I do it? There are anythink to do before install on virtual machine? Any documents about that?

Thank a lot.

Regards

Augusto.

7 Replies 7

drees
Level 1
Level 1

I have not tried it myself, but I'm told that the product is VMWARE "aware" and does work for a lab/demo installation. It is not supported however by TAC. The development package bundles a VMWARE image for developers use. Make sure you are configuring the vm to look like an MCS7825/35, RedHat, 72GB or 80GB drives, etc.

Good Luck.

JeremyL
Level 1
Level 1

It will work just fine with VMWare. Currently using VMWare workstation 5.x and have CUCM 5 and 6 running. Configure VMWare environment with the following: at least 1GB of RAM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and I set aside 40GB of hard drive space (not-pre allocated) - only uses about 8GB of space.

The only issue you may have is that some of the patches/upgrades for CUCM under VMWare may not install, everything else seems to work fine.

CUCM 6.x does include the server node license and 50 DLU's to use in the lab. If you install CUCM 5.x you will need to get a license file.

I am new to VMware and having problems installing CallManager on the VMWare server. Here is my problem. I have a WMware server installed on my W2K server. Created a guest VM and installed the CUCM6. When it reboots, it goes into infinite boot mode, meaning, it never gives me option to start CUCM. I have tried to install/uninstall numerous times and nothing seems to help me. Can you offer any suggestion as to what I am doing wrong here? Thanks in advance. HYW.

Not sure what you are rebooting? The w2k server or the VMWare environment running Linux/CUCM 6?

The VMWare environment needs to be configured to handle CUCM 6 as per my previous post.

Not sure what version of VMWare you are using. I have not installed the products with VMWare server/ESX only VMWare workstation.

I am rebooting Linux/CUCM6. The installation of the UCM6 went ok and it reboots and that is where it continues to boot and never gives me an option to configure the UCM6. I am running the VMWare server 1.0.4.

Thanks,

HYW.

Probably does not agree with some configuration in the VMWare session. I have not installed the product on VMWare server, so can't be much help their. If you have access to VMWare Workstation 5.x, that might be a better way to go.

Guys i m v new to ccm6 as well as vmware server i do have the ccm6 dvd....now which version shd i get for vmware and do i have to install redhat on vmware and then ccm 6 as someone previously told me that all i have to install is cc6 and it automatically install linux???? is it right guys??a si m v new....help is needed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: