cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of IVR ports, CTI ports and CMT channels

shongunisys
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out the relations between IVR port verses CTI port and CMT channel. I have IPCC Premium with 300 IVR ports. My understading is that when a call is sent to a route point, IPCC uses 1 IVR port for the CTI port to process the call. Once the call goes thru a script I understand it requires a CMT channel to collect DTMF digits. Does a CMT channel use up another IVR port? Does that mean it requires 2 IVR ports minimum per each call?

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Let's think about this for a second. A call comes in from the PSTN onto a voice gateway and is converted into VoIP, resulting in a RTP (Real-Time Protocol) stream. Unless we are using CVP, we need to terminate that RTP stream somewhere - and that "somewhere" is a CTI port on IP IVR.

The RTP stays parked on that port through all processing until an agent is chosen and then the RTP is directed to that agent's IP phone device.

So I would say that only 1 "IVR port" is required.

My explanation could be off in some details - and for that I apologize in advance.

Regards,

Geoff

Thank you for your reply. If that is the case I am not sure why CMT configuration requires number of channels to be configured. If number of CTI port (IVR port) is already declared on the trigger configuration as number of sessions shouldn't that number be the same as number of channels on CMT group? Is there an instance which requires multiple CMT sessions are required for a call?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: