cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital Network replication issues

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'm in a situation where I have two Unity boxes. These boxes are digitally networked and in the same dialing domain.

These two boxes do not seem to be replicating properly. I make a change to a subscriber in one box such as an extension and the other box never knows about the change. Please let me know how to troubleshoot this. I have not been able to find any docs on troubleshooting the exact problem that I have. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Jason

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason -

On both your networked Unity servers, run the Global Subscriber Manager utility from Unity Tools Depot. Check to see that both servers show in the same dialing domain. I had a problem one time where one Unity server was not showing in the dialing domain, but outside the dialing domain when using this utility. The issue was the same, not seeing a new subscriber I had just added. I had to edit the UnityDB to correct the problem, it was an old server GUID that was in the database. Let us know what GSM shows. Also, is there good network connectivity between the two servers? Are they using the same DC/GC; installed in same domain etc?

Ginger

Ginger,

Thanks for the reply. In GSM it show that they are in the same dialing domain. Network is good they are in the same 6500 along with AD/Exchange. Also there is just one large domain and they are using the same DC/GC

In unity01 the GSM shows different than GSM on Unity02. For example GSM of 01 shows only about 10 subscribers on Unity 02 but if I go to Unity 02 GSM it shows all of the subscribers of Unity01 and Unity02.

Ginger any help that you can provide is appreciated. Thanks

Jason

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Ginger,

I double checked with the DC/GC recconect tool and the servers are pointed to differnt DC/GC's. Thanks

Jason