Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Fabric Manager

JRJSmith_WKL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I understand that Cisco Fabric Manager is supplied free on the product CD.

We have a Cisco MDS 9120 but no product CD and, therefore, no Cisco Fabric Manager.

Where can I download a copy, please?

If it's not available for download, can someone provide a copy, please?

Many thanks

Joe.

4 Replies 4

techhelp24
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, after upgrade my 9124 with OS Rel. 3.2.1 the FabManager is not longer available. I think Cisco must here provide Immediately to make the Fabric Manager for Download available, or bundle with the new OS release same in past by Rel. 3.1.x

sdrossen2
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your response.

However, when I take your link and login, I get the following message:

Forbidden File or Application

The file or application you are trying to access may require additional entitlement or you are trying to access a file with an invalid name. Additional entitlement levels are granted based on a users relationship with Cisco on a per-application basis.

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please try one of the following methods to locate your document:

If you are manually entering the URL into your browser location bar, be sure to include the file name of the page you are trying to access (file names typically end in .htm, .html or .shtml).

Use the Search feature located in the upper right section of this page.

Return to the Cisco.com Home or select a primary site area from the top navigation bar.

Consult with your Cisco Account Manager to confirm you have the appropriate entitlement to access this page.

If you would like to contact someone about this problem, please click on the Contacts & Feedback link below.

This suggests that a user of Cisco equipment is not permitted to download software that should have been supplied with the equipment! What a company to deal with!

KevinBeaulieu
Level 1
Level 1

Joe,

Depending on the verison of SAN-OS you have on the switch will depend on whether or not you have Fabric Manager on a CD or not. Cisco didn't start putting Fabric Manager on a separate CD until 3.2(1x). Before that, Fabric Manager was small enough to fit on the switch intself and it was downloaded from the switch. Try putting the switch IP address into a web browser and see if you see a download screen for Fabric Manager. If you see it there, you can download it. As the 91220 is an older switch, most likely a separate CD didn't come with it.

If you can't download it via the switch directly, depending on your CCO access you can download it directly from Cisco.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: