Views
Helpful
Replies

IPAddressProvider. The app never ends (Java). CCM4.1

raymondcidad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I make an intance of the IPAddressProvider, the application never ends. Im making some test with a Java Main class, but ones I do the instance the methods never ends. Its like it hold the conection with the callManager and then I have to stoped manualy. And, if i do another request just after stoped, it sends a IPAddressProvider.getDeviceList() request failed error.

Its this normal?

What can I do?

The code:

IPAddressProvider ipProv = new IPAddressProvider(callanager, callManagerUserId, callManagerPassword,true);

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Since you have the source code of that class as part of the SDK, I'd include Cisco's classes, or recreate the class library, and with a smart IDE, it'll allow you to step into Cisco's code to figure out what is going wrong.

Loading an IP address report can take a significant amount of time though, so if it doesn't return after a few seconds, that's normal.. it can take multiple dozens of seconds for an installation with several hundred phones.. and if you're looking at thousands of phones....

1. How can I see the SDK codes?

2. It?s not a delay time problem. If I run these simple code, it never ends.

code:

public static void main(String[] args) {

String callManager = "10.145.2.11";

String callManagerUserId = "Administrator";

String callManagerPassword = "XXXX";

IPAddressProvider ipProv = new IPAddressProvider(callManager, callManagerUserId, callManagerPassword,true);

System.out.println("It print just fine");

}

After the message is print in the console, the app get freeze....

:(

Thanks

I suppose you do have the SDK already since that class comes with the SDK. So when you install it, in the installation folder you have a directory Java, which contains the CiscoIPPhoneSDK.jar file that you're using. There are two subdirectories though, javadocs, which contains the javadoc documentation, and src, which contains the source code.