Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory - Serial Number

muca
Level 3
Level 3

When I run the inventory report I have the following fields:

Updated At System - Name Domain - Name Description - Serial Number - Contact - Location ...

How can I add the "serial number"

I tried editing credentials but "SN" it's not the same as serial number.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

For the chassis serial numbers you either enter then manually using Change Device Attributes or when you add a device manually to the RME database. If you want CampusManager to automatically discover the serial number you need to use the command "snmp-server chassis-id (serial number)" The problem with this is that some devices will not take this command and you have to enter the number manually.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

For the chassis serial numbers you either enter then manually using Change Device Attributes or when you add a device manually to the RME database. If you want CampusManager to automatically discover the serial number you need to use the command "snmp-server chassis-id (serial number)" The problem with this is that some devices will not take this command and you have to enter the number manually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: