cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5 and 6

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys can i use CCM 5 or 6 in home lab...i have heard abt th elicencing thing what is that......it for pure home lab peurpose.......can someone help m eouyt plz

6 Replies 6

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

You can with CUCM 6.X on a VMWare server. When you go to install Communications Manager the system will detect that you're installing on a VMWare system and will install the software with 50 test DLU's.

HTH.

Don't forget to rate posts.

mate so i cant use ccm 5 on VMware? and second thing is is CCM 6.0 is linux based or windows based????? which VMware server would be used or u recommand.....thnaks for your help

CUCM 5.x or 6.x (both are Linux-based) can be used with VMWare. I have both running in a lab on VMWare Workstation 5.x. CUCM 5.x will require licensing, but 6.x does come with 50 DLU's to get you started in the lab.

mate can you do me a favour can u send me or tell me a doc which i can follow to install vmware and linux and on top CCM 6.....i m pretty new to this....thanks

VMWare installation documents (either server or workstation) can be downloaded from their site - www.vmware.com. They also have some great message boards for the VMWare products (if you get into issues with installing or configuring that product).

Linux is automatically installed when you load CCM 5 or 6. Just configure the VMWare environment based on my previous posting and then boot off of the CCM 6 DVD and the install will run (will install Linux and CCM 6).

mate thanks a million can i get your email addres....so if i get in to problems i can email ya.....i mean if its fine with ya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: