cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Push application on Asterisk/Trixbox pro

dannyleshaba
Level 1
Level 1

I want to send a text message to ip phones active on the asterisk.

I'm not sure if the push phone sample on the sdk will work on asterisk since it uses AXL database query to get the list of IP Address.

I want my application to query the Asterisk database for IP address and push message to those phones.

I'm using PHP to code the application..

Thanks

Danny

6 Replies 6

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

You can push text and/or audio message to an IP phone group, even if the phones are on asterisk or on CCM simulator. However, you need to manually maintain the list of phones or write a code to grab the phone's IP address. SDK samples use deviceListx.asp to get phone list, which is web page hosted on CCCM

I know you can use AXl on CCM but on astrerisk i don't know how to go about writing the code to get the IP Addresses.

I don't want to manually insert the IP address, i want the user to just select the name of that person, click the soft key send.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers Danny.

The only thing you need is phone's IP address to do an HTTP POST of CiscoIPPhoneExecute object. You do not need CCM for pushing text/audio to an IP phone. There should be a way to get Phone's IP address from asterisk.

One more thing i need to convert the string that i want to push to the to CIP(IPphoneimage). can u please explain the process as i don't really understand how its done. I need to change the text2cip on the SDk to a ph script ans i'm struggling.

It is not always possible to push XML to Cisco IP Phones:

"XML Push is only supported with the SCCP image.

To achieve a dynamic page with the SIP image you can use the http header refresh directive"

So you need the use SCCP firmware in order to be able to push xml to Cisco IP Phones.

See:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Cisco+79XX+XML+Services

I need to convert my phones back to SCCP image so that i can push messages. The problem is i cannot download the SCCP image files because im registered as a guest on the cisco site. Is there a way i can get the SCCP files?