CCME with Linksys SPA SIP phones

Unanswered Question
Oct 3rd, 2007

Dear all,

I'm currently working out with a deployment which's using the CME (not sure what version going to purchase at the moment)and using the Linksys SIP phone (SPA922). I would like to know whether the SIP phone's is able to register to CME or using the features that provided by CME. I did try to search from Cisco website but couldn't find any related information between two different hardware setup.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 10/03/2007 - 10:50

It's able to register, place and receive calls. No other features are guaranteed to work.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

orochi_yagami Wed, 10/03/2007 - 23:14

Is there any documentations from Cisco which stated clealy that the CCME integration with different brand of SIP phone (at least Linksys) because i don't want to be happen that i buy a "bunch" of Linksys SIP phones and it cannot be integrate with CCME.

It should be better that to have a clear stated docs and can show to the management dept before purchasing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 10/04/2007 - 08:32

Hi,

the official CCME documentations states that non-cisco SIP phones are not supported , and in case they don't work, even at the most basic level, you are not entitled to any support from Cisco TAC. This include the cisco-brand of Linksys.

So if you want to go easy and safe, use cisco ephones in SCCP mode.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

orochi_yagami Sun, 10/07/2007 - 19:47

Hi, can you provide me the link to which you mentioned above the official CCME documentations that stated non-cisco SIP phones are not supported.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion