Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME with Linksys SPA SIP phones

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm currently working out with a deployment which's using the CME (not sure what version going to purchase at the moment)and using the Linksys SIP phone (SPA922). I would like to know whether the SIP phone's is able to register to CME or using the features that provided by CME. I did try to search from Cisco website but couldn't find any related information between two different hardware setup.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's able to register, place and receive calls. No other features are guaranteed to work.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Is there any documentations from Cisco which stated clealy that the CCME integration with different brand of SIP phone (at least Linksys) because i don't want to be happen that i buy a "bunch" of Linksys SIP phones and it cannot be integrate with CCME.

It should be better that to have a clear stated docs and can show to the management dept before purchasing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

the official CCME documentations states that non-cisco SIP phones are not supported , and in case they don't work, even at the most basic level, you are not entitled to any support from Cisco TAC. This include the cisco-brand of Linksys.

So if you want to go easy and safe, use cisco ephones in SCCP mode.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi, can you provide me the link to which you mentioned above the official CCME documentations that stated non-cisco SIP phones are not supported.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: