Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Tunnel Groups

m.reay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Has anyone set up ACS security for SSL/Webvpn Tunnel Groups on the ASA.

I want to set up multiple tunnel groups for different SSL VPNs and control Authentication via ACS.

How do I ensure that when the user has Authenticated, he can only access a particular Tunnel Group?

There doesn't appear to be any way to tie the username name with the allowed tunnel on the ASA.

With IPSEC VPN - the client provides the group and corresponding pre-shared key to associate the user with an IPSEC Tunnel, but this doesn't work for SSL.

Thanks.

Mick.

2 Replies 2

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I'm able to do that using Microsoft AD (as LDAP) and Microsoft IAS (as RADIUS) with over 100 tunnel groups and thousands of users.

- User can be a member of only one tunnel group (limitation).

- Each tunnel group have ACL/ACE to allow access only to specific host(s)/network(s) and services/ports.

- There is no drop-down list of tunnel groups in the login page. Give and take though, all tunnel groups will be sharing one vpn pool. If I want dedicated vpn pool for each tunnel group, the drop-down list is a must.

Regards,

Dandy

Can you elaborate a bit more on how this is acomplished?

I am using RADIUS to A/D or NDS on my usual set-up's but I too would like to know how the username is associated with the Tunnel Group.

Many thanks,

Peter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card