IOS 3845

Amin Shaikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I have 3845 Router with Advance Security feature IOS "

flash:c3845-advsecurityk9-mz.124-3d.bin"

This doesnt support BGP ;

please can you advice an IOS which supports advance Security and BGP....

{ Does Advance IP Services Covers both [ adv security & BGP ] }

11 Replies 11

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Advanced security for the 3845 does not support BGP

BGP is supported on all the versions of advance ip services and advanced enterprise services

I would recommend you upgrade your IOS to either of the two feature sets

Always use the feature navigator to find the features supported by a particular IOS

www.cisco.com/go/fn

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

AFAIK you need to have Advanced IP Services to have both security features and BGP.

pls do check this link to find out exact ios file you need to have in your router...

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

regds

Thanks for your reply..

But all the adv ip services are above 30MB

It should not be a problem as the 3845 by default gets shipped with 64Mb flash.

You might need to delete the existing flash file before uploading the new one.

HTH

Narayan

Thanks for your reply....

I have production site connected 24X7 and cannot get downtime for more than 2 hours...

Last time the upgrade of IOS was corrupted and put me in a FIX.....

Lets hope all goes well....

Whenever you do the upgrade, make sure you verify the flash file using the command

verify flash:

Better to always have a spare CF card which can be used just in case you run into trouble :-)

Narayan

Thanks for your reply..

What do you mean by spare CF ???

Can you help in getting the step-by-step link to upload the IOS using RMON....

The ISR routers use a compact flash which you can see on the back side of the 3845 router.

What i meant by having a spare CF was to have one of these so that you can just poer down the router and swap it in case of emergencies.

Here is the link to rommon recovery

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a008009429f.shtml

HTH

Narayan

Thanks for your reply....

Two question running in my mind....

I have one ios running on the router with no issues and would like to add another another IOS to test features... so uploaded another IOS. On the running config added the command Boot system falsh xxxxx

what happens if the IOS is corrupted in this Scenario....????? will it boot from the 1st IOS or what?????

<2>

If I want to upgrade an IOS and in the middle I lose the connection or the IOS is corrupted then what happens......

answer to question 1

The router generally looks for another valid IOS file in the flash but i would recommend adding 2 boot flash statements

boot system flash:

boot system flash:

If you lose the connection during your upgrade, you mostly end up with adevice having no IOS. Till the time you reload the router, there should not be any problem and you can begin the IOS upload once again. If the router reboots for some reason and does not find a valid flash file, it would return to rommon.

HTH

Narayan

arjunsawant
Level 1
Level 1

Try this IOS for BGP"c3845-spservicesk9-mz.124-17".it is around 28mb.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco