cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slip Sec on E1

dnulty
Level 1
Level 1

I Have a WIC/VIC/HWIC Card installed in a Cisco 2800. The Layer 2 is estabhlished but I am get very Large amounts of Slip Sec errors. I have had the Telco check the Line and all appears fine. The Controller is set to Line, but I have also tried Internal. The Telco are convinced this is a Issue with the Wic Card

7 Replies 7

thomas.anthony
Level 1
Level 1

Please provide show controller of E1

Is it Possible for you to test the circuit with another WIC card?

Narayan

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please configure:

network-clock-participate wic X

network-clock-select 5 E1 X/0

and the slips will go away.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!,/i>

Hello,

I do had the same problem, and I put clock source internal under e1 controller and Slip Secs error had gone. I have 6 E1 interfaces bundled as multilink and one of the interface kept getting error which was caused time out after some number of replies when I tried ping remote sites.

I just wanna ask if I have got sever E1 controller, do I need to put network-clock-participate wic X

network-clock-select 5 E1 X/0 for each slots?

thanks a lot in advance

regards

Misha

first of all, if the port are connected to telco circuits, you must configure clock source line on them all.

Then, you have to configure network-clock-participate for all the WIC involved, and network-clock-select with different priorities for all the circuits.

In reality the latter command is need only icase one or more circuits go down.

It`s strange, but I configure clock source to be internal on two E1 (clock source of other 4 E1 forming multilink are line) which are connected to telco circuirs and all Slip Secs error disappeared. I did not configure network-clock-participate at ala on my router. I wonder if it is one of the solution to get rid of slip sec error? Could you explain more about using network-clock-participate and network-clock-select command if possible? thank a lot

Misha

Hello, the commands are needed to form a reliable clock source. Without them, you can have unpredictable results.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card