cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager5 H.323 Trunk to AVAYA 8700 problems

elnurmirba
Level 1
Level 1

I am integrating an Avaya Definity 8700 with CCM5 via H.323 trunk. I am able to make a call from AVAYA to CCM, but not vice-a-versa. Any comments ?

18 Replies 18

z.zdravkov
Level 1
Level 1

What is the disconnect reason for the calls?

loevans
Level 1
Level 1

I'll ask the silly question - do you have a route pattern pointing to a route list/route group that points to the GW interface connected to it? I assume you do, but have to ask.

Hello Elnur,

I am integrating an Avaya S8500 with CCM 5.1 using H.323 trunks. Could you please share with me the config in both Avaya and CCM sides?

Thanks,

anyone manage to solve this problem?

it seems like a well-known problem, i'm facing issue with CUCM 6.1 as well with S8500 via H.323.

Hi, mightyking did you ever integrate succesfully tje S8500 and a CUCM 5.0 or later using an h.323 trunk.

Thanks in advanced,

Jose

Hi, I am experiencing a similar problem here. We have the other side using a Avaya and locally we are using ccm 4.1 and we are unable to establish any call. We hear a disconnected tone when we dial the DN. Have anyone solve this issue before. Thanks.

Thanks,

Donny Koh

Create a route pattern with extensions in AVAYA, i.e. 2XXX with different partition such as PT_AVAYA and point it to RL. Make sure your IP Phones on CCM sides have CSS to call these numbers.

I am having the same problem here, trying to make a call from Japan to Beirut but receive a busy tone. But Beirut is able to call to Japan. The call manager in Japan is version 3.3.

When I do a sniff I get checksum error on UDP port 2442 from the call manager to the phone. Anyone know the reason.

Is it necessary to have a different partition for the extension for the AVAYA phone? I have other sites connecting to the AVAYA but manage to get it to work after resetting the trunk on AVAYA and resetting the h.323 gateway.

Anyone manage to resolve this?

Thanks.

If there is more than one subscribers in single cluster and some IP phones register to say, Subscriber A and the others register to Subscriber B, then either one group of IP phones can't access h.323 ip trunk to avaya. It is because Avaya's signaling group can only configure one ip address which point to ccm.

thanks Mike for the precious information. Currently, there is only one subscriber in Japan. The other sites that I mention are trunk to beirut directly and there are able to make call to Beirut. Is there any other things that I should be looking for? Thanks.

try to configure the field "Call Share IP Signaling Connection" to N in Avaya signaling group

Thanks Mike, by default this setting is set to N and we haven't change this yet.

I am seeing checksum error from my phone to the ccm (Subscriber) on port 1199 (dmidi) also.

The link between Japan and Beirut is via VPN. CCM version in JP is 3.3.

Beirut is able to initiate the call to Japan without issue.

Hope this information is useful.

Thanks.

I don't understand what it mean in the document saying master/slave determination. Somehow they rate this problem as moderate. Doesn't seems like the problem I am facing. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: