cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting error

Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have subscriber with opening greeting. But, when the call is transfered to unity, in the begining it plays "sorry" and then actual greeting.

Any idea how to get rid of Sorry part.

Thanks in advance,

cheers

5 Replies 5

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like you are just using the recorded voice and not recorded greeting.

I suggest logging back into the account and checking this.

Let me know how it goes and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

what do you mean recorded voice than recorded greetings?

I have recorded greeting in .wav file how can i add to the opening greeting for that user.

thanks

It sounds like the user recorded their greeting where they should have recorded their voice name for the directory. By default if the user does not have a greeting recorded, Unity will play a default system greeting "Sorry is not available".

But, when I do the call forward all, I hear the message, sorry and then the greeting. How can go about and fix it.

cheers

This should help, change both of these for the subscriber and try again, the recorded voice should just be the subscribers name.

Changing Your Recorded Name: To change your recorded name ? Step 1: Log on to Cisco Unity Voice Mail ? Step 2: Press 4 > 3 > 2 ? Step 3: At the tone, record your name, or press * to keep the current recording.

Changing Greeting Settings: You can record up to three personal greetings that callers hear when you are not available to take calls. Cisco Unity plays your greeting for the appropriate situation: Alternate Greeting This greeting plays to indicate special circumstances, such as when you are on vacation. Closed Greeting This greeting plays during your nonworking hours. Standard greeting This greeting generally plays during your work hours. To change your greetings ? Step 1: Log on to Cisco Unity Voice Mail ? Step 2: Press 4 > 1 > 1 ? Step 3: After Cisco Unity plays your current greeting, either: o Press 1 to rerecord it. o Press 2 to enable or disable your alternate greeting.

o Press 3 to record a different greeting, choose the greeting, then rerecord it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: