Views
Helpful
Replies

Echo on 7961 phones

mikechristensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our call centers here are currently experiencing some intermittent issues with echo on their phones. I have been researching this, and I understand that this is an issue that is experienced on GW's running IOS 12.4 and DSPWare 4.4.13 or later. I also understand that I can't generate a test tone from the 7961 to measure the ERL. I was wondering if anyone might have some ideas on how to proceed next. Here's what we're running:

Cisco 3825

IOS Version 12.4(10)

DSPWare 4.4.20

Image Version flash:c3825-ipvoicek9-mz.124-10.bin

Cisco 7961 IP Phones

SCCP41.8-2-2SR1s

The doc I was reading (ID 19640: Troubleshooting Echo Problems Between IP Phones and Cisco IOS Gateways) and I was also wondering if the echo coverage can be configured for 64 ms in IOS 12.4(10)

Thanks for any information or assistance.

Mike C

3 Replies 3

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

I thought this was fixed in your version of DSPWare. But I would first clarify that with TAC. There is a firmware file that you can apply to flash and reboot your router and have it update if that is the case.

Otherwise, you can start playing with the echo canceller, but then you start adding delay, so it is a fine line.

I would check with TAC first and then if that goes nowhere post again.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

I have also the same problem, can you help me too?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: