cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device not displaying in Topology Services

craighuff
Level 1
Level 1

In LMS 2.6, I have a couple of devices that show up under Device management.

From there I am able to edit that device and see the Display Name, IP Address and Device type. That all appears to be fine.

But when I open up Topology Services and look at the Layer 2 View, I do not see the device nor does the device appear on the display view. I have checked all the settings and those appear to look good. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance.

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager do you have?

Campus Manager is 4.0.9

Are all the links red in the layer 2 view?

There are not any red links. All links are good. It is just that these devices are not there.

Enable framework, frontend, core, and corex debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options. Run a full Data Collection, then provide the ani.log as well as the IP address and hostname of the missing device.

please check also how Campus sees the devices in question:

open Campus Manager > Home

in the System Status Table in the row 'Device Discovery' click on the number of devices that are listed under 'Result' - what is the status for theses devices?

Do the same for the row 'Data Collection'. Are the devices listed with any neighbours?

If they don't have any neighbours, open the map 'Unconnected Devices' in Topology Service. They should be listed there.

I see the devices in device discovery.

They are not in data collection.

Also, they are not in Unconnected Devices.

what is the status for the devices in Device Discovery? Is it 'reachable' or 'unreachable'

If it is reachable click on 'Start Data Collection' in Campus Manager > Home;

Control the status of the Data Collection process in that window if it changes form 'running' to 'idle' again then

- check again if they are now listed in data collection

> if yes, they should be seen on the topology as well

> if not, provide the info Joe requested (file should now be greater than 0)

Devices were reachable. Started Data Collection. It created the ani.log file.

File is still sitting at 0KB. Data Collection Started. It ran and is now sittings at idle. Devices still do not show up.

Thanks

Did that. I saw that it created the file. As of now nothing has been written into the file. It has been blank since yesterday at 2:00 PM EST.

If the ani.log is empty, please provide the ANIServer.log (Windows) or daemons.log (Solaris).

Hi,

I had the same problem... Is there any solution yet to this problem?

Not yet. Case is still opened. They recommended a reinit of the database.

We have over 300 devices listed and the topology map is destroyed when you reinit the database.

Without the ani.log with core, corex, frontend, and framework debugging enabled, I cannot offer any other suggestions on this. There are a few bugs which have these symptoms, and a reinit will workaround them. However, there are patches available as well that may fix this without a reinit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco