I am planning to buy an industrial Router, looking to come up with a better network infrastructure. What routers best fit this situation and do i need any other equipment? I looked at using VLAN's, Issues with VLAN, is there any way to allocate network bandwidth to each VLAN's [VOIP, LAN]? What type of VLAN best fit this situation, [PORT, MAC Address, Protocol Type or IP Subnet Address]. Early thank you for the replies, I am new to configuring networks just started reading about configuring CISCO ROUTERS, anything would be helpful.
- 2 DSL connections, one for VOIP and other with LAN
- VOIP ? 6 MB download and 1 MB of upload, have 8 static public IP?s
- LAN ? 6 MB download and 1 MB of upload, have 1 block of 4 static public IP?s and [1 block of 8 static public IP?s] ? not being used at this movement
- VOIP modem connects to a switch which connect to a Dlink Router & PIX Firewall Serious
- LAN modem connects to the Dlink Router which connects to a Net gear Switch
- Both of the Dlink Router connects to a 24 port Lynksys SRW224p
- Port panel get connection from Lynksys and Net gear Switch
- PIX Firewall Serious is used to connect to the Third party hosting environment
- Currently all the RDP Session to hosting environment is routing via VOIP modem Internet & email is going via the LAN and QOS is turned on in the VOIP router to have priority
- Since, only one LAN Port available for each office VOIP and LAN is set up so that they share bandwidth.
- Can not conference in phones, phone is cutting off
- Very slow accessing hosted environment ? file servers, DB Servers, Web Servers and Production servers