cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blade Server

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing that Cisco does not support any of the HP blade servers. If they do support, someone please provide me with the link cause I can't find anywhere that they support blade configurations.

So, is anyone running their CCM's on blades?

We're a small shop. Two CCM's and a Unity server. CCM's are 4.1(3) and Unity is 4.0(2). About 120 configured devices.

Just curious if anyone has done this in production yet?

Thanks for any advice or opinions!

1 Reply 1

loevans
Level 1
Level 1

While this type of configuration is possible (VM Images are possible as well), Cisco does not currently support CCMs on VM images or on Blade servers.

They have a set of supported servers for CCM and Unity (some Cisco OEM, some Third party HP and/or IBM) and from a support perspective, they do not support any other format (they have had problems with other servers down to the bios level, thus the strict adherence to support hardware platforms, thus reducing the amount of support calls for hardware issues out of the realm of cisco support personnel).

Will this change in the future, almost definitely. When and what time frame, well, I dropped my crystal ball and I can no longer see...

HTH,

LE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: