cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7911 LCD Logo

bmarmont_2
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway we can remove the Cisco logo from the LCD and replace it with out company logo, alternativly remove it all together.

Thanks

Brendan

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not really, search for "idle url" in this forum for an alternative approach.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brendan,

Just to add a bit to Paolos good reference. Here are the docs for different CCM versions, they do vary slightly;

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G Administration Guide for Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 (SCCP)

Customizing the Cisco Unified IP Phone

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805f2b31.html

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G Administration Guide for Cisco Unified CallManager 4.2

Customizing the Cisco Unified IP Phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806704e5.html

Cisco IP Phone 7911G Administration Guide for Cisco CallManager 4.1(3)

Customizing the Cisco IP Phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805adae5.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks guys, now the reason behind us wanting to change the logo was that the display names were being truncated, so instead of "Johnny Bloggs" it shows "Johnny Bl" Is there a way of shrinking the logo border so the full name appears?

Thanks again

Hi Brendan,

You can't shrink the logo :( I'm curious when the name Johnny Bloggs is being truncated. Is it on Incoming calls? Or maybe Text Label?

We don't use 7911's but I tried these two things on 7905's and 7912's which should have the same specs and they worked fine on both.

Let us know,

Rob

Thanks much for citing me Rob :)

Actually the '05 and '12 are different from the '11 that is java based. I'm afraid Brendan may indeed have truncated what would show on another phone.

Perhaps a phone FW issue ?

Hey Paolo,

Well you deserve much praise for your contributions here :) I was kind of thinking of the actual size of the display when referencing the specs, bad idea I guess. Is the logo way different on the 7911 its hard to tell from a picture. Maybe the problem is the new Cisco logo (I quite like it??)

Anyways,enough rambling, I'm sure we can figure this out, you should be able to display more than 8 characters without having it truncate. Probably a bug in the firmware as my friend Paolo suggests.

Take care,

Rob

We have just upgraded the CCM and device FW to the latest release for v5 - 5.1.2.3000-2. All handsets were also reset with new FW.

Hi Rob, yeah it's the main display, the text label for the users name is truncated. The Cisco logo takes up a large proportion of the screen, not sure who signed off that one ;o)

Hi Brendan,

Can you please give us the exact phone firmware that the 7911's are using. I did spend some time looking for related bugs but it's hard without knowing this info.

Let us know,

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob, the Load ID SCCP11.8-3-2SR1S

Thanks

Brendan

Hello, I'm also having a problem where the 7911 phone's line text label is truncated by the pointless logo. How can this be called a 'background' image if it overwrites the text on the screen. Am I missing something?

We still have not got an answer from Cisco, however the firmware release for the 7911 does the truncation by nature, simply a poor design on their behalf. If we get some results I will post it here for you. Meeting with them on Friday.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brendan,

I went through all 323 Bugs related to 8.3(1) firmware last night and none were related to this issue. I guess maybe this is working as designed. You could try a Tac case to see if they can shed any light on this.

Sorry my friend! Can you beleive 323 Bugs :(

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: