cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ONS 15454 and AC/DC Converter for 220V

gfacelli
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a AC/DC converter for a ONS15454 for a 220V input.

The ONS 15454 datasheet indicate input current 22A maximum.

The Cisco AC/DC Power Solution datasheet indicate for ONS 15454 a medium solution.

And the same datasheet indicate the small solution is up to 32A for 220V.

Then, can I use the small configuration for ONS at 220V?

Anyone know that? Can you help me with that?

Graciela

3 Replies 3

tphelps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the hardware configuration of your 15454 including chassis, fan and by slot?

Using the hardware config, you can calcualte the expected amperage.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/optical/ps2006/products_tech_note09186a0080094ae4.shtml

The general power requirement of 22A provides for any possible configuration. Actual configurations may be less. I have some 454s using as little as 9A in the lab.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I am using a ONS15454 ANSI with only 3 cards installed.

Probably I will install more cards in the future, and I don?t like to change the AC/DC coneverter later.

But, I 22A provides any possible configuration and AC/DC converter provide 32A at 220V.

Why the datasheet are indicating that I need a medium configuration?

Is the datasheet indicating the configuration for 110V or I am missing something?

Thanks a lot. Graciela.

Could I use

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The reason the medium size Cisco AC/DC system is recommended for the Cisco15454 is due to the fusing. The medium system has 30amp breakers via the expansion panel (included with a medium config). A small AC/DC system will only have GMT fuses, which, if memory serves me correctly, are only available up to 15amps. So, to future proof your installation, a medium should be the answer.