cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2 Hotfix

joe.ho
Level 1
Level 1

I am plannig to apply hotfix on the CSAMC. After the hotfix I will need to redeploy the CSA agent to the desktops. Do I need to uninstall the desktop agent before install the new one or will the new one overwrite the old?

4 Replies 4

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Joe, yes you'll need to deploy the newer agent kits to any hosts. No you don't need to uninstall them, the new one will upgrade.

If you haven't done an upgrade before, it will create a number of new objects in the MC depending on how much customization you've done.

Tom

Hi Tom, I have done the upgrade once but it was on a new server so there was no customized policy at that time. It was more like a test. Last time when I tried to deploy the upgraded agent kit it wasn't successful. The agent kit did get install on the endpoint but it is not registering to the server. I ended up have to uninstall and reinstall the agent. I am not sure what went wrong. Let me confirm with you regarding the steps.

1. Apply hotfix the CSA-MC

2. Create new agent kits from the old groups

3. Deploy new agent kits (sms or http) to the endpoints

Please let me know if I am correct.

I do have some customization done on the server. Will this make any different?

Hi Joe,

The agent kits are created automatically by applying the hotfix. Under Agent Kits you'll see several new ones with the hotfix version (I'm assuming 5.2.0.225 here).

All you need do at this point is schedule a software update from the MC. Choose the group(s) to apply the updates to and whether or not to force the upgrade.

As long as the hosts are registered and talking to the MC, they'll get the update.

The MC and the agents take care of installing the upgrade, there is no need to push or pull an install to them.

Tom

Hi Tom, Thanks for the quick respond. I am going for 5.2.0.225. I don't have to touch the existing agent kits. Just go to the schedule update and update the groups.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: