Helpful
Replies

BAT CCM 5

amitsonik
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to update the following using BAT:

Phone Configuration: Description

Line Configuration: Description, Alerting Name, Display Name and Line Text.

I am planning to use BAT for this, since in total there are 5000 users on the network, but I will be doing this department by department, so it will be more or less 100 users at a time.

Based on your experience what kind of problems, can I come accross and what are some things that I should be looking out for, since this is all production environment.

Thanks in advance...

2 Replies 2

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

If you use your corporate directory and have Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) synchronization

enabled (in Cisco CallManager Administration, choose System > LDAP > LDAP System), then you cannot use BAT to insert/update or delete users.The way to associate phone/device to the existing users is by first exporting the user to obtain the right csv format of the file. Then update the file with the phone device name and using the BAT user update tool, to update the users.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the good thing with CM 5 is that if you decide to insert users to be added, using BAT, you cabn actually schedule a job. Basically in your case split the 5000 users up in as many jobs as you like and spread the jobs over time, make sure you check the job logs though to see if they all went in.

Inserting users in a moderate amount does not really strain the servers, and is finished quite quickely, 5000 might be pushing it.

So: split it up and schedule, or use LDAP

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.