Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.3 stops cannot restart, although all user functions ok

Get the symbol saying Unity stopped,and cannot get to the system admin or status monitor pages, get the following error

on the sys admin page

Server.CreateObject(AvSaLocalization.AvSaLocalization.1) failed.

This is most likely an error with a DLL, probably AvSaLocalizationSvr.dll or perhaps AvSaLocaleInfoSvr.dll.

Check that these files are present, and registered with REGSVR32.

Also be sure that the appropriate MsgStoreRes.dll file is present.

Cannot continue.

(From: Global.asa: hr=0x80010105)

this problem occurs about 2 or 3 times per week, only way round it is to restart using the Unity restart tool

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

have you tried registering the dll's in a command window?

When I have seen this error I have also had success restarting IISAdmin service and letting in restart other services. I think the main one is WWW service cause it seems to hang. However, it works and Unity does not need restarting..

rlp

ps there is a SA Admin troubleshooting document also on cisco.com

I can restart the IIS service, which controls other services, but that does not make any difference to the SA admin, unity will still not restart by clicking on the icon in the toolbar

I wll have a look at the SA admin troubleshooting doco.

Hi

Did you have any joy with this issue? We're experiencing the exact same thing. Started happening after a TSP upgrade.

Any advice you could offer would be welcomed.

June

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: