cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA not registering, new install

misy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have configured the ATA just like a new phone and when I connect it nothing happens. seems like its not getting anything from the tftp? red lights blinking? Is there another step that Im missing that must be configured? Pls advise, any suggestions pls. ccm 4.2.3 es44.

thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

z.zdravkov
Level 1
Level 1

You may have problem with the ATA firmware. I have touched this also. Manuali upgrade it with newer firmware.

Other reason can be the Voice Vlan.

Regars,

Zdravko

any ohter insights pls ??

What is your DHCP configuration? Is it connected to a cisco switch?

Do you run TFTP from ccm?

nomiel
Level 1
Level 1

1. Firmware in ATA is SCCP? It can be H323, so you must to upgrade firmware to SCCP.

2. I saw some problems with registering of ATAs and there was a solution: login to web-interface of ATA and in SCCP configuration in SID0 and SID1 write "." (without quotes)

The protocols that you can use depends on yours call agent. If you have CallManager it is better to use SCCP. You can find packet containing all the information to upgrade cisco ATA. Filename is something like ata_03_02_01_sccp_050429_a.zip. There is detailed instruction in the archive how to upgrade (sata186us.txt).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: