Views
Helpful
Replies

IP PHONES IN PARIS DISPLAY GMT TIME

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

Our Subscriber CCM located in paris, was down for some time due to switch port issue. When the CCM came back online, the phones dispplay GMT time (london time). I checked the NTP service, and I found out that it stopped running. It was restarted and the phones rebooted, however they still show GMT time.

The time on the CCM itself is correct (paris time)..and the phones show this ccm as their active callmanager.

what can i do?

Please rate all useful posts
12 Replies 12

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Is the Device pool where the phone belongs correct?

Yes,

Nothing has chnaged on the configuration since the callmanager came back online. This was working well before the outage.

Go to Setting->Network Configuration-> 33

Delete the COnfiguration. If that doesn?t help, unplug the cable, then plug it back in again see if that works.

I have done this and it does not work. The phones still display london GMT time. The device pool in which they belong to has GMT+1 time zone setup..

What else can i do?

Date/Time Group Configuration

From this page - reset all the devices after you have confirmed GMT+1

let us know how you get on...

Ajaz

Ajaz,

I have done this sevreal times. I have reset the device pool for this phones. i have physically unplugged the phones adn re-plugged them...This is very frustrating

Do a Factory reset or Upgrade the firmware.

a factory reset using **# ?

zin,

Thanks a lot for your support. I think I found where the problem is. Timing in Lodon has changed to british summer time. Hence london time is not GMT+1 and paris GMT+2.

What I want to fond out is that, do we have to physically change the timing on the callmanager when the time zones change like this. I will make this adjustment tody and see what happens..

Thank you

BST came into effect in March. Have you had this problem all along since then?

Kane,

Not that I am aware of. This problem came into view when the CCM went out of service for about 12 hours due to port issues on the switch. It happened over the weekend. When the CCm came back up the phones wont show the correct time. I saw a documentation from cisco that says that our CCM version 3.3(4) cnt have patches applied to them to adjust for DST. Unless an Upgrade is done.

I am just thinking that maybe DST is the problem..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: