DSP Resource Sharing

Unanswered Question
Oct 4th, 2007

HI,

I have a c2821 with two VWIC-2MFT-T1/E1 and one PVDM2-64, and want to do DSP resource sharing. I have tried to do by configure a dspfarm but without success. In the docummentation I find regarding this, they talked about NM-HDV2 modules not the onboard VWIC-modules. Can it be done with VWIC-modules?

Regards

Per

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
sbilgi Fri, 10/12/2007 - 08:34

If voice card "0" (0 means motherboard) is going to share its dsps out for other cards to use. You need to configure "dspfarm" under voice-card 0. And the next thing is to configure the network-clock-participate to make sure all the voice cards related with the sharing are using the same clock, otherwise the TDM backplane will not work.

For dsp sharing there is no load balancing. This means that in case that you have a voice card with 2 T1's and all the channels are configured with digital voice ports, and in case those voice ports take all the shared dsp away, then the second voice card won't be able to get any dsp at all. So in case you want them to be equally distributed among those T1 interfaces, you need manually calculate the dsp channels capacities.

Actions

This Discussion