Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Dial by name

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Hey,

where does the unity serach for the names? i have on UNITY VM only with its own exchange installed. im assuming its on this exchange server that it checks the name. my ccm 5.1 is intergrated with AD.

problem is i cannot dial by name, no user found, but user is in corporate directory and can dial extension. using unity as AA.

much thanks

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arvind,

Is this for all users or just some?

Rob

Guys,

thanks for the replies. im probably burnt out. doing the cut over for the customer so its late nights. the reason i posted was that i had it working with a few test users but we told all users to ensure that their recorded greeting was done. so the customer called me and said that all did it but dial-by name was not working not even for the test users.

They didnt do the recorded name and all is resolved now.

Just by the way, i performed a CCM5.X backup and it seems to be stuck when transferring the data. all components are 100& backed up but archive status is stuck on 0%

ill have to do a restart but this is risky aat this point in time and as well this would be the first backup.

any ideas about this one?

CSCsj12178

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CM5x and Unity directory are not the same, they are not linked. So if the user is in CM5.x corp directory, it does not mean they are in Unity dial by name directory. To dial by name, they must be a subscriber in Unity and are listed in the directory. (either by the admin or completed the first time enrollment process)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: