cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 837 VPN works but 877 VPN has issues - see configs

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a Cisco 837 running fine in VPN mode (see attached config) and today I upgraded it to an 877 (se attached config) but I quickly took it off.

The VPN (on the 877) establishes and all the users can ping the servers at the other side of the VPN and ping their DNS names. I could open the Intranet page, but could connect to the Exchange email server via Outlook or other servers like Citrix, but I could ping them by IP and name. I quickly put the Cisco 837 and all was fine again. What I did notice in the event logs of the users Windows XP was they they could contact the Domain, again I could ping the domain controllers and domain name.

Can you see anything in the 877 config that might cause an issue. I have put the <<word>> symbols against the lines that differ.

Hope you can see the problem.

2 Replies 2

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

The problem could be because of shifting from e0 to vlan1. Also you have configured no ip unreachable on vlan1. Changing the config to e0 interface from vlan1 may solve the problem.

As far as I know the 877 only has vlan 1 and not ethernet 0. Ethernet 0 is only for the 837 config. Ygink they do the same job though, anyone confirm?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card