ISDN Hardware???

Answered Question
Oct 4th, 2007

Hello all,

We are putting together an ISDN solution between our central site and remote locations.

We currently have a number of 1841s with ISDN BRI WIC cards installed and ready to go at our remote sites.

We have a 2821 at our central location that is only using one HWIC slot right now. We ordered an ISDN PRI circuit to terminate at this router, which will act as the failover if the primary connections to our remote sites go down.

My question is, what card do I need to purchase for this 2821 router? I searched for an ISDN PRI HWIC card, but did not see any. What is Cisco's solution for this?


I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Paolo Bevilacqua about 9 years 3 months ago

The one you have does, using the correct IOS and configuration, please see:

As a recognition to those providing useful answers, please rate posts using the scrollbox below!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 10/04/2007 - 08:27

The traditional hardware to use is NM-1CE1T1-PRI. Recent IOS also supports PRI on VWIC and VWIC2 cards.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

dtecco Thu, 10/04/2007 - 09:30


We actually purchased a VWIC-1MFT-T1, but I did not think it was the correct one.

Which VWIC card is supported for ISDN PRI?


This Discussion