cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speeding up configuration of CSS

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

I find configuring the CSS to be a pretty slow process in that everything is contextual. And it is always asking you to confirm your actions. For example

"add service foo"

..results in Create service <foo>, [y/n]

Is there a way to turn off these annoying speed bumps? When you have hundreds of services and content rules to configure this is ridiculous. IOS doesn't make you do that when you say want to configure an interface or a route map.

Also - pasting configuration into the CSS often fails because it gets overloaded. Is there a way to make the CSS more amenable to receiving pasted config(from say Windows putty ssh to its console port)?

And lastly - can you just create a flat file configuration outside of the CSS and copy it to the CSS?

Any tips on speeding the configuration are most appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you can copy your tftp config to the startup config, and then copy your startup to your running.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

diro
Level 1
Level 1

yes you can turn them off

just type in "expert" in the user exec mode

forget about pasting use tftp/ftp

Great - thanks much for the expert mode. I will be using that.

Regarding tftp and ftp - do you mean just create and modify the config in its entirety offline and ftp it to config dir? Then how do you put the new config into effect?

you can copy your tftp config to the startup config, and then copy your startup to your running.

Thank-you for both of the tips. I will try them both out in the lab very soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: