cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog trunk problem

jcmartin
Level 1
Level 1

I have an analog trunk plugged into a 2811 with a VIC2-4FXO. When the line is in use, if a call comes in on it, the caller hears one ring, then a busy signal (not just a busy signal). What would be causing this? It happens to be the last line in a hunt group that is set at the CO to forward on busy to another hunt group, but the forward isn't happening, probably because of that first ringback.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Likely the problem is not due to the router. If you do "debug vpm signal" you will see the incoming ring and port going off-hook. You should see that for engaged ports, no new call is presented, and is the router does nothing in generating ringback, as you said the line is busy already when the call comes in.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the response. I was pretty sure it wasn't a problem with the router, but was hoping that someone had seen it before so I could point the provider in the right direction. I've never seen this happen before, myself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: