Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO to UM migration question

asmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I've a question about moving VM only users to an existing UM integration. We have the same aliases in the VMO domain as those in the UM domain, and the users have all been using email, through Exchange, and I've been reading the docs on the process to move these subscribers.

My question is, how will the existing email stores be affected if I do a dirt restore? Will the stores be overwritten, or just added to?

I haven't had a chance to test anything yet, but will in a couple of weeks, but any insight before hands would be great.

Thanks

Aaron

2 Replies 2

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

Basically Migrating from VMO to UM is to reinstall the server from scratch.After Installing the unity server and Exchanger server, associate the Unity server to this new Exchange server, and moving all of the mailboxs onto the new Exchange server. Once

that is done and tested, you can remove the old Exchange server. You'll need to create new email boxes for your users.

You can use dirt backup and restore for Exporting and Restoring Cisco Unity-Specific Data, but You must restore to the exact same Cisco Unity version you backed up from. Migration of voice messaging accounts to unified messaging can be performed at the discretion of the administrator, by using the Migrate Subscriber Data tool. The tool does not move messages. Messages will have to be migrated manually.

DiRT also uses the Exchange Move Mail box. It is something you want to look into. However I reccomend doing it in the lab first.

Read the help file and watch the training videos.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DisasterRecoveryTools.htm

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: