VPN Client

Unanswered Question
Oct 4th, 2007
User Badges:

Can I download the Cisco VPN Client? If so where can I get it? I have visited the product center and founf the product. When I try to download it, I keep getting the log in screen and enter my credentials.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
ajagadee Fri, 10/05/2007 - 20:00
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

You can download the VPN Client from the below URL but need to have a contract associated with your cisco user id to download the software.

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/vpn/client/

If you have multiple cisco user id's, make sure the one that you are using to download the software has a contract associated with it.

Regards,

Arul

safakkayhan Fri, 10/19/2007 - 14:11
User Badges:

Hi,

I'm an owner of Cisco Pix device bought from a Cisco Partner with invoice. I would like to ask whether this purchase provide me a cisco user id to download VPN client software and similar utilities. Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Safak

Richard Burts Sat, 10/20/2007 - 10:12
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Safak

Talk to the Cisco Partner from whom you bought the PIX and ask if they can help you with a user ID for the Cisco web site. Did you purchase a maintenance contract for the PIX? That would make it especially easy to get a user ID.

HTH

Rick

safakkayhan Sun, 10/21/2007 - 10:58
User Badges:

Hi Rick,

I contacted with the company where I bought the device (Pix501). They send me a customer number which is related to SMB support and I made my registeration there. But this doesnt help me to download tools and utilities and to access many usefull documentations. Before writing this to you, I entered to SMB support site and saw that my registration there (3450560), but I tried to make a support request and site says that invalid login. I realized long email conversations with several cisco supporters and with the firm and no result. As far as I understand, my machine registered through the firm where I buy the device and if they give me their own user credentials to access cisco resources my problem will be solved, but they are not volunteer to do that. I don't want to put a blaim on cisco support personel on that but for a personal buyer, huge cisco company seems don't have a solution to offer. I'm not very hopeful about the result unfortunately after huge email traffic with cisco for a solution but at least I would like to request from you to raise my point in cisco support circle for a possible solution. My SMB contract number is 3450560 and my name is Safak Kayhan. I can also send you all e-mail history of the problem. Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Safak

Richard Burts Sun, 10/21/2007 - 12:51
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Safak

I am not in a position to raise customer support issues with Cisco. There are a number of Cisco people who participate in the forum. Perhaps one of them may have some suggestion or some insight.

HTH

Rick

Actions

This Discussion