cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130 AG I'm in the console but can't get past priveledged mode

gary.hostetler
Level 1
Level 1

I am hooked into the console on the 1130 and hit enable and then it asks me for a password which is Cisco by default but then when I try the command configure it balks. I can ping it's address as it got it from dhcp and set up dhcp 43 but I can't browse to the AP/

This is driving me nuts, documentation is useless.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gary,

Maybe I should stop trying here as I haven't seemed to be of any help so far. But I will try again. Maybe this time :)

Configuring Controller Information

To manually configure controller information on a new (out-of -the-box) access point using the access point CLI interface, you can use these EXEC mode CLI commands:

AP# lwapp ap ip address

AP# lwapp ip default-gateway IP-address

AP# lwapp controller ip address IP-address

AP# lwapp ap hostname name

Where name is the access point name on the controller.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The default (out-of-box) Enable password is Cisco.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearing Manually Entered Controller Information

When you move your access point to a different location in your network, you must clear the manually entered controller information to allow your access point to associate with a different controller.

Note This command requires the controller configured Enable password to enter the CLI EXEC mode.

To clear or remove the manually entered controller information, you can use these EXEC mode CLI commands:

clear lwapp ap ip address

clear lwapp ip default-gateway

clear lwapp controller ip address

clear lwapp ap hostname

Manually Resetting the Access Point to Defaults

You can manually reset your access point to default settings using this EXEC mode CLI command:

Note This command requires the controller configured Enable password to enter the CLI EXEC mode.

clear lwapp private-config

From this Troubleshooting doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1130/installation/guide/113h_c4.html#wp1091061

Hope this helps!

Rob

Maybe I should point out that this is a LWAPP 1130 and I think I read that it is read only when one is in the console. If so that would explain why nothing works. I did set up DHCP to option 43 but when I telnet into the controller and debug I don't get the 000000003 string which is the option 43 from my Microsoft DHCP. I should also mention that I am running version 3.2.78.0 of the software so that also might be the issue.

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card