Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE 2.0 compatibility with 4.1.3 - IP Phone Services

valagappan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to get Cisco IP Phone View configured with IP Phone Services and I managed to see the list below and that's about it. When I choose any of them, I see error 'host not found'.

1. Join by Meeting ID

2. Start Reservationless 2500

3. Today's Meetings

4. Continuous Meetings

IP Phone model: 7960G

I tried resetting, reconfiguring, etc, but nothing seems to fix it. I also tried to see if this is actually supported to do so.

There is nothing I could see including the Compatibility Matrix that says it is. I doubt Cisco Unified Callmanager is supported for Phone View, but for Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Can anyone confirm this please? Or has anybody got this working at all?

Thank you

Veera

5 Replies 5

aleng1314
Level 1
Level 1

This problem is not cause by the callmanager setup. did you upgrade the mpx from ver 1.2 ?? if yes the patch need to run on the console of the mpx and not on a ssh session. I know this because i had the same problem. it when away when did the upgrade remotely. If you did not upgrade made sure the dns record is correct.

Hi aleng1314,

This is a new install integrated with Callmanager version 4.1(3)sr4d. I have also checked the DNS and still have the same problem.

Are you sure it works with Callmanager 4.1(3)?

Thank you,

Veera

My bad. I did not have the server name/ip address on the url for services. There is 2 instances of name/ip address on the same url and I had missed the second one.

Thank you,

Veera

humayun.sami
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have the same problem.

see error 'host not found'.

1. Join by Meeting ID

2. Start Reservationless 2500

3. Today's Meetings

4. Continuous Meetings

IP Phone model: 7941

Meeting Place Express 2.x

Can anyone provide update.

Regards,

Humayun Sami...

Humayun,

As you can see my previous reply, check the url on the services page. There are 2 instances of ip address or name of the IPCC server on the same url.

Make sure you have them correct.

If that doesn't help, capture or paste the url as you see it on your server.

Also do you use DNS or ip address? Try changing it to ip address for a test purpose.

Thanks,

Veera

Please rate helpful posts!