Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone display name of the called party with grabage

aazmi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running CME with 12.4.14(t) ios. The problem which i am having is that when anyone dial any extension, the name is displayed of the called extension & some garbage charater are shown

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aazmi,

I use and recommend 12.4(11)XJ4 with AA-BACD without issues. Now, 12.4(15)T1 is out, and you want to check with your cisco contact, what is the exact bug for which they recommended the upgrade.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact IOS and phone FW are your running ?

i am running c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T IOS & CME is cme-124-15T

Please also check phone FW. I suggest that you run 12.4(11)XJ4 and latest phone FW.

ok, if phone FW means phone loads file, then they are of the same IOS which i have mentioned earlier. phone load file is P00308000400.loads which i extracted from cme-124-15T zip file & is also mentioned in TXT file for Phoneloads.

Which phone is this? If a 7940 or 60, can you try 8.0(7) downloadable from "series 7900 firmware".

Again I recommend you use 12.4(11)XJ4 because it has more bug fixes.

yes phones are 7960, 7940 & 7912G. the reason for using 12.4.15t was that some enginner from cisco said so for the Bacd performance without CUE. before 12.4.15t i was using the one you recommend & it was fine. 20 days back i have upgrade it to 12.4.15t.

aazmi,

I use and recommend 12.4(11)XJ4 with AA-BACD without issues. Now, 12.4(15)T1 is out, and you want to check with your cisco contact, what is the exact bug for which they recommended the upgrade.

ok, issue is resolved as i upgraded to 17t. there was a bug in above mentioned IOS. Thanks to all

regards

Azfar Aazmi

ok

The bug ID is CSCsj18014. It is present in 12.4(15)T.

Fixed in 12.4(15)T1. Consult the bug tool to find all the releases and trains with the fix.

Hi,

CSCsj18014 is:

Caller ID string received with extra characters

Symptoms: A caller ID may be received with extra characters.

Conditions: This symptom is observed when caller ID is enabled on both

routers and when the station ID and station name are configured on the FXS

side.

Workaround: There is no workaround.

The reference of FXS ports makes be believe that CSCsj18014 is not the applicable bug. However, in the same results page, we see another bug matching better a problem of garbage w/o FXS ports:

Garbage characters in called name displayed on calling phone

Symptom: Garbage characters in called name displayed on calling phone Conditions: When placing a call from one phone to another phone on CME using 12.4(11)T3, the displayed name on the calling phone gets some unidentified characters at the end of the displayed name after a few seconds have passed. The problem was NOT seen in 12.4(11)T2

Now, the bug toolkit does not give the number for this "related bug" and I was not able to localize it.

Agreed that the bug tool is not always super clear.

To clarify my experience pertaining to the described CME malfunction:

- Was running CME 12.4(15)T on a 2821 advipservices.

- Experienced the same display problem as aazmi above (extra chars on originating phone's display).

- Traced the SCCP packets showing CME sending the extra random chars to the originating phone.

- Opened a TAC case

- TAC identified the bug as CSCsj18014.

- Upgraded to 12.4(15)T1

- Bug gone.

Hope my experience can help others.

Sure it does! thanks!

Sorry to re-open this thread but I'm having the same problem!

When placing a call from an IP to antoher, the calling party's display shows strange characters.

I'm running a 2821 ISR with IOS 12.4(15)T1 (IPVOICEK9 feature pack) and CME v4.1.

Could this be related to the fact that I'm running Firmware load version P00308000500 on the 7940/7960 phones and not the recommended P00308000400 as per the firmware matrix?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: