cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

debug output to buffer?

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I am having trouble with IPSecs dropping every few hours. I would like to capture some debug info to see if I can figure it out. When I do "logging buffered" I get way to much info and find it hard to decipher. Is there a way I can use the "debug crypto isa" and "debug crypto ipsec" commands to the buffer and capture ONLY that in the buffer?

Thanks,

Diego

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

You can give command "undebug all" and then give the commands "debug crypto isa" and "debug crypto ipsec". Although still other debug messages will be getting generated and buffered, but you can this way minimize some unnecessary debug messages.

there is no way to weed out the buffer to give you what you need here.

I would recommend doing a "no logging monitor" then doing a debug crypto isa and debug crypto ipsec like the above poster and typing term monitor. If you would like bump up your telnet/ssh timeout value to never. I would then log using your telnet client (ie putty).

That would weed out all the other log messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card