Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Switch IOS upgrade problem

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

In 3560 switch i have uploaded one IOS. After uploading i have checked in sh flash & dir flash, it shown me the new IOS that i uploaded. In sh boot also i have found my new IOS.

But after reloading i am getting the following erro

"flash:c3560-advipservicesk9-tar.122-40.SE.tar"...flash:c3560-advipservi

cesk9-tar.122-40.SE.tar: magic number mismatch: bad mzip file

Its a .tar file

I am in

switch:

mode.

Here in switch: set

BOOT=flash:c3560-advipservicesk9-tar.122-40.SE.tar

i can find the new IOS that i uploaded.

I have done the

flash_init; load_helper Y boot.

But the result is same.

Everytime it says magic number mismatch.

Can someone please help me out in this???

2 Replies 2

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Acharya,

Your boot path is wrong and it is pointing to .tar extension and in fact when you upgrade your switch your switch should xtract the file and your flash should have xtracted file in .bin format.

Also can you check dir flash: displays you what output? What command did you tried to upgrade?

Regards,

Ankur

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The .tar file is not the ios file , it is a compressed file that holds the .bin file and all the GUI interface stuff . To extract the .bin into its directory you must use the "archive" command , this will extract the file and put it into its own directory or you can delete the .tar file and just download the plain .bin file and use that and point your boot statement at that .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card