Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple SLT support on AS5400

johanmattsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having problems finding a good example with a AS5400 supporting more then 2 SLT, especially the coorelation with the timeslot parameter in the PGW (prov-add:c7iplnk).

I have always thought that the timeslot parameter corespond to the physical location of the port in the GW. I currently using version 9.5.2 on the PGW.

Anyone have a good example/explanation about this?

cheers,

Johan

3 Replies 3

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Multiple SLTs are not supported ibn AS5400 . A new fature called ITP-L is available . This supports multiple connections.

My misstake, the GW is AS5400HPX and it supports up to 4 SLT at the same gw. I have added 2 SLT on several GW before, but I cannot se the connection between the timeslot parameter and the GW.

I guess your are using the Integrated SLT feature on the AS?

The mml parameter "timeslot" is referenced by the IOS parameter "channel-id" under the serial interface configuration for the SS7 signalling channel.

As follows:

controller e1 7/3

channel-group 1 timeslot 2

!The actual timeslot number containing SS7 !signalling is Timeslot 2 in the E1

!There is a caveat, that the channel-group !number MUST be the timeslot number minus 1

!Logical interface is now created based on the !channel-group number

interface serial 7/3:1

encaps ss7

channel-id 3

!Now, the mml "timeslot" parameter would need to be set to 3

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: