Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - AutoAttendant Script - More than one digit input

amiralisetoudeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I hope I'm posting in the right section.

Basically, I have a really simple script that will accept a digit from the caller and route the call to the respective extension (the prompt says: Press 1 for Tom, press 2 for Amy, etc...)

The problem is, since it's a Menu function, it'll only accept 1 digit, and since the employees have increased 10, well... you get what's going on.

Is there a way I can substitute Menu so I can have more than one input digit for this purpose?

Thanks,

Ali

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, that would require modifying you script.

Alternatively, you can use standar AA B-ACD in drop-through mode, read about it in the documentation.

This will allow you announce and dial directly the extension, of which you can configure a maximum length.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I'm not sure I understand,

What I'm looking for is to modify the script to allow a caller to enter more than one digit (these digits are NOT the extension numbers). I don't really want to make major modifications in the system, so I'm going to stick to changing the script.

I don't know what to replace the 'Menu' function with to allow it to accept more than one digit - I saw a Get Digit String in the script editor but don't know how to use it, and don't know if it's even intended for this use.

Thanks!

Ali

Then, you are then using CUE, not CME to handle the menu.

So you need to familiarize yourself with the CUE scripting language:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_book09186a0080679e24.html

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to post in the CUE section I guess.

I'm don't really have the time to go through the whole book at this time.

Many thanks,

Ali

Do you really want the main menu to have more than 10 options? Or do you just want to allow callers to dial the desired extension directly from the main menu. Doing the former is pretty easy in CUE 3.0 (you can even create an editor express script to do it). For older version, there are custom script examples that can do that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: