passed CCNA, thank u all for ur help

Unanswered Question
Oct 6th, 2007
User Badges:

I passed the CCNA yesterday and I would like to thank you all for answering all my questions i posted in this forum. I really really appreciate it.

Again Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rscarborough63 Sat, 10/06/2007 - 01:51
User Badges:

Congratulations, What did you use for study and hands on practice?

rajibchicago Sat, 10/06/2007 - 11:56
User Badges:

I used the cisco press book by Wendell Odom and I set up a home lab with 6 26xx router and one 2900 switch as well (for vlan I used the netsim simulator that came the cisco press book).

rscarborough63 Sun, 10/07/2007 - 04:44
User Badges:

That sounds like a nice lab. I have the chris bryant video from trainsignal. I also have routersim network visualizor and two 1720 routers. I was thinking of getting another 1720 and a switch and do it that way. Its just that money is tight right now and all I have is the 1720s. What if I just get a switch for now. Will I be able to do most of the commands with two routers and a switch?

rajibchicago Sun, 10/07/2007 - 18:07
User Badges:

yes I think most of them but with one switch u wont be able to do some vlan trunking, etherchannel etc. also if u r buying a switch i think u should get a 2950 (with many others u wont be able to do vlan). Research about the switch capability before u buy that way u wont get stuck with some thing that is not much use.

Actions

This Discussion