Views
Helpful
Replies

Interconnection between two 3550 WS-C3550-48 switches

akobeissi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

please anyone can give me a hint how to interconnect two 3550 WS-C3550-48-EMI switches together by the Lan port? (not the fiber optic cable using the GBIC)

i have tried to connect a cross Cat6e cable between both but no connection is established between them. is there any command or something?

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

No, a crossover cable should do it. Can you check the duplex and speed settings of the relevant ports.

Also is this the only connection between the 2 switches, as if there is already a connection then STP might be blocking this link.

Jon

In addition to what Jon said I would like you to check the status of link light i.e. if it is amber or no light at all ?

If amber then issue could be speed/duplex , port settings (access or trunk port), STP , DTP neig.

If there is no link at all then check if port is in shutdown state, make sure CAT cable or port is not bad.

Hope that helps !

Regards,

~JG

Please rate helpful posts

thank all you for your reply,

ill come back to you soon after checking the ports settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card