Replies

VPN with Cisco 877 and ASA 5505

mannschaft
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

this is my scenario :

remote clients ----> Internet----> Cisco 877---> ASA5505---->LAN

i would like to allow remote users to connect to my LAN to chek their mails and work as they are in the office. Actually i have configured Cisco877 as VPN Server this is working Fine. but now i'm trying to use ASA with the router because it permit 25 connections at the same time.

i'm connected to internet using a public ISDN IP.i have heard that i need a second IP adresse for ASA ! and the ASA must act as VPN server and the router as Client, is that right ?

if i need to configure the link between the router and ASA how can i do it ? i can't find any document or example in the net :/

please i need your support to make this dream real lol.

i will poste my configuration step by step following your help.

many thanks.

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

ASA need public ip address that is sure and also ASA acts as vpn. Client server will be remote not router. For that you can use any Ethernet. Trying to make a remote VPN connection via the cisco client, authenticate against an RSA Secure Token server and provide the client an IP address via DHCP.

thanks ebreniz for your unswer,

but it's not so clear ! if you can re-read my issue and unswer to my questions this will be greatfull.

thanks & Regards.

Hi all

can someone support my issue ?.....

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: