Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix and FWSM alias changes

hoffa2000
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I've been playing around with altering alias entries on our pix and FWSM. It seems to me there is some timeout in effect when I make changes, clear xlate doesn't help anything.

Example: On my windows network connected to FWSM I have set up one alias to redirect an external mail server IP to an internal one, it's been working fine from my windows PCs. I removed the alias a few days ago and now only get the external IP as ping reply. The problem is that after puting the alias back and doing clear xlate I still get the external IP as ping reply.

My windows PCs are Active Directory connected and use my DCs as DNS servers. Do I have to flush all DNSes after making alias changes?

Regards

//Fredrik

2 Replies 2

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

After changing or removing the alias, access-list, global, nat, outbound, and static commands, enter the clear xlate command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm23/command/reference/intro.html

As I write in my first post I I've already done clear xlate. My question is if there is any additional cache clearing that has to be done on other systems to make all changes operational.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card