Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Series Switches

sbarasiscom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two 3560 Series Switches connecting to 6500 switch.

I need to connect HP server to both Switches to do loadbalancing.

Is it possible?!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From what I understand, you want the 6500 to be the Layer3 device with a switch virtual interface of 10.0.0.1

At the 3560s, configured them as Layer2 devices with access vlan 10 on each switchport connected to the HP server.

Yes, the HP server NIC will have 10.0.0.1 as the default gateway.

Remember to configure trunking between the 3560s and 6500 if you are planning to carry more than one Vlan over these inter-switch links.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I think it is not possible to implement load balancing on 3560 but it is possible to implement it on 6500.

Thanks

Mahmood

Do you mean to say you want to connect one NIC to each 3560?

If the 3560's are trunked then i think you should be good to go provided you do proper teaming configuration on the server

Narayan

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's possible only if you configure your teaming at the HP server as 'fault tolerance'.

If you configure your teaming for 'load balancing' the software will create a virtual MAC address and broadcast the same MAC via different switchports. Once the switches receive the same MAC address via different ports, it will detect a DUP-MAC-ADDR and will block on of the ports to avoid a loop.

For 'load balancing' to work, you need to configure 'load balancing' at the HP server and etherchanneling in one switch. Etherchanneling can't be shared between 2 physical devices.

If you had a 3750, you could do it with 2 different switches since the stacking cable would merge the 2 switches into 1 switch.

HTH,

Dear EdisonOrtiz,

let'us work in 'fault tolerance':

If I create Vlan10 in 6500 s/w and IP:10.0.0.1

do we need to fix IP in each 3560 s/w?

is D.G in HP server for both NIC is 10.0.0.1?

Thanks

From what I understand, you want the 6500 to be the Layer3 device with a switch virtual interface of 10.0.0.1

At the 3560s, configured them as Layer2 devices with access vlan 10 on each switchport connected to the HP server.

Yes, the HP server NIC will have 10.0.0.1 as the default gateway.

Remember to configure trunking between the 3560s and 6500 if you are planning to carry more than one Vlan over these inter-switch links.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: