cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME over VPN

PETER MOOREY
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best practice for registering CIPC to CME over WINXP VPN Client?

VPN clients are given an address in a pool in a different subnet from the CME (CME is reachable... however phones fail to register.

I have heard you have to configure static arp entries?

Can someone please help!

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

doesn't matter which IP addresses the client has, as long it has reachability to the address specified as 'ip source' under telephony-service. So make sure you manually specift "tftp address" in the CIPC configuration.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks, I will be sure to test it again when I am at work.

On a similar subject I am having problems with registering CIPC from a client with a wireless connection (gets an IP address from the same subnet as the CME router.) I can telnet from the client to the CME on TCP 2000, however the CME router doesn't respond to the tftp request and it simply times out. When the client connects via a wired connection to the same subnet it works fine...

I have recreated cnf files on CME, and specified the wireless MAC on a different ephone...

Thanks,

Not sure. Does the wireless router do NAT? The fact that PC get an address on CME subnet would imply that it does not...

Perhaps check firewall on the PC. The only occasions I've seen CME not responding to tftp, it's when it's not getting packets in first place.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: