cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting to nodes via (2) firewalls

mmrozek
Level 1
Level 1

I have (2) networks I'm dealing with in this situation. NetworkA has firewallA (pix 515e) with computerA behind it. NetworkB has firewallB (asa5510) with computerB behind it. I successfully use a software VPN client on computerA to connect to firewallB. The problem I have after that is connecting to computerB from computerA via RDP.

If I replace firewallA with a linksys firewall, I can connect to computerB with no problem.

Any ideas why the pix515e would not let computerA connect to computerB but the linksys would?

3 Replies 3

mmrozek
Level 1
Level 1

I should clarify that the cisco VPN client software on computerA successfully connects to firewallB, it just doesn't seem to pass traffic through it. Again, if I replace firewallA with a linksys, I can connect and pass traffic through the tunnel.

sounds like the linksys has nat t turned on and firewall a does not....

Thanks for responding whisperwind!

This is the config I have for NAT though:

global (outside) 10 interface

nat (inside) 10 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

I thought that was pretty standard but should I try something else?

If anyone has an article to recommend for this, I'd appreciate it. This seems to be a problem other people have but I'm not finding a clear answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card