cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCexpress 4.0 question

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I'm getting started setting up an auto attendant via jtapi trigger in IPCCex. When I dial the extension my phone shows that it's hitting the route point (at 4000), but then it hangs up right away. The trigger is configured to hit the default auto attendant script. Does this script need to be configured before it is useable?

-Shikamaru

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

You should update the script and assign the script to JTAPI route point [ your case - 4000 ], it will work.

The JTAPI (Java Telephony API) subsystem is a very important component of the Cisco Customer Response Application (CRA) platform. JTAPI is the component that communicates with the Cisco CallManager, and is responsible for telephony call control. The CRA platform hosts telephony applications, such as Cisco AutoAttendant, Cisco IP ICD, and Cisco IP-IVR. This section is not specific to any of these applications; the JTAPI subsystem is an underlying component that is used by all of them.

Before starting the troubleshooting process, ensure that the software versions that you are using are compatible. To verify compatibility, read the Cisco CallManager Release Notes for the version of Cisco CallManager that you are using.

To check the version of CRA, log in to the AppAdmin page by typing http://servername/appadmin, where servername is the name of the server on which CRA is installed. The current version is located in the lower-right corner of the main menu.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801eb003.html#wp1118969

sadbulali,

I figured out the issue and am now able to reach the default aa script by dialing the extension. At this point I am ready to start modifying the script to send calls to different groups or users.

1) How are custom prompts recorded? Is it like Unity whereby a Greetings Administrator route point is configured to dial into?

2)Is there a basic tutorial on how to configure the different parts of the script? I came across the Cisco guide, but it is over 500 pages, was wondering if there is something that will be easier to understand.

-Shikamaru