Which workbook ?

Answered Question
Oct 7th, 2007

Hi folks,

I'm about to start prepping for the R&S Lab. I'd be interested to know what workbooks you would recommend? IPExpert and Network Learning seem to be popular but I could use a bit of insight before choosing.

Thanks in advance

Steve

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by swmorris about 9 years 2 months ago

There are a number of different workbooks out there... (Bear in mind that I work with IPexpert, so I have an obvious choice there!)

But you should spend some time looking at each of them, and quite honestly, if you can afford to, purchase more than one.

Each vendor approaches things slightly differently than the other. Some like things, others don't! But in your lab preparation, it's best to be able to have more than one viewpoint of the world. (helps to not get used to "one way" of doing things only to find out the lab is completely different!)

Not in any particular order, I'd check out:

IPexpert

Internetwork Expert

NetMasterClass

Network Learning

IE Mentor

And I'm sure there are some others that I'm not thinking of at the moment, but that is the list of the more well known vendors there.

If you have any questions, feel free to unicast me as well!

Scott Morris

[email protected]

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
swmorris Mon, 10/08/2007 - 15:01

There are a number of different workbooks out there... (Bear in mind that I work with IPexpert, so I have an obvious choice there!)

But you should spend some time looking at each of them, and quite honestly, if you can afford to, purchase more than one.

Each vendor approaches things slightly differently than the other. Some like things, others don't! But in your lab preparation, it's best to be able to have more than one viewpoint of the world. (helps to not get used to "one way" of doing things only to find out the lab is completely different!)

Not in any particular order, I'd check out:

IPexpert

Internetwork Expert

NetMasterClass

Network Learning

IE Mentor

And I'm sure there are some others that I'm not thinking of at the moment, but that is the list of the more well known vendors there.

If you have any questions, feel free to unicast me as well!

Scott Morris

[email protected]

steve_steele Wed, 10/10/2007 - 14:42

Hi Brad,

I need to pass the written first, I've read the Wendell Odom book and am currently filling in any sketchy parts from Routing TCPIP vol 1 and 2 (Doyle Carroll) and Cisco Lan Switching (Clark and Hamilton).

I've just purchased a written study guide from ccbootcamp for final written prep.

I'm using the practice tests from the Wendell book and may also purchase some practice tests from Netmasterclass.

I'll be using the IPExpert and ccbootcamp's workbook to try and give me a couple of different perspectives.

I'm also considering the DVD's from IPExpert.

I'd like to take a bootcamp course just prior to sitting the lab exam and your advanced lab bootcamp or Mock Lab Boot Camp are on the shortlist as I understand that you occasionally do classes in Sydney.

I'm paying for all this myself so I'm trying to get the most information for the least amount of money.

Steve

Actions

This Discussion